Since it's inception, Winehaven Winery and Vineyard has maintained a commitment to giving back to its community. The winery and its employees have supported countless non-profit organizations through financial contributions and in-kind donations.
The management team of Winehaven will consider donation requests that support charitable programs within Chisago County. Due to the extreme demands on our generosity, requests from clubs, fraternal organizations and non-charitable social groups will not be considered.
Please carefully read our policy below for donating to local charities. If your organization meets these requirements, please forward your request as indicated below.
1.Your charitable organization must be raising funds for people and/or programs within Chisago County. We have no exceptions.
2. All requests for wine donations need to be made in writing at least 30 days in advance, with proper supporting materials.
3. A copy of the charitable organization’s Federal 501(c)(3) document must be provided.
4. Include the organization’s Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Minnesota Department of Revenue. Some non-profit public and private charities may be federally tax-exempt but are not state tax exempt. If you do not have both permits, you will be required to pay the sales tax based on the retail value of the wine donation prior to or at the time of the donation pick-up.
5. To try to assist as many organizations as possible, we only donate to any given charity once a calendar year.
6. If you are a customer, please be sure your purchases are recorded at the winery. We do include that information when making a final decision.Application Process:
If your organization meets the above requirements, please provide the following information:
- Brief description of the organization, its mission and audience served.
- Specific assistance requested and the intended use.
- Explanation of the donor acknowledgement your organization will offer.
- Attach a copy of your Charitable Organization’s 501(c)(3) document
- Attach your organization’s Certificate of Exemption from the Minnesota Department of Revenue
Although requests for WineHaven's assistance may appear to meet the attached guidelines, assistance should not be assumed. Winehaven’s annual donations are strictly capped at 3% of our annual production. Organizations chosen are those with programs or projects that most closely match our mission and best demonstrate how WineHaven's assistance can be of value.Direct submissions to:
Kyle Peterson at: email@example.com
(e-mail only, please)